When my good friend Genna, over at Blethering Boys, first nominated me for this, I really wasn't sure what it was all about but after some reading and some searching I realised that it is an awesome thing!
Genna was the one who encouraged me to start a blog and was the one who taught me how to get started in the first place so for that, I can't thank her enough.
So what is the Liebster Award?
It's a gift from fellow bloggers to small blogs (like mine) that have less than 200 followers. It was created to recognise and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
Starting my blog has given me something to look forward to and keeps me from hating my job so much so to know that there are people even liking anything I am blogging about is a great boost to my confidence.
The rules for accepting this award are
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me
- Nominate 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated
- Post 11 questions for these new nominees to answer (if they choose to accept the award - it's completely optional)
So here goes...
11 random facts about me:
- I was born in a small fishing town called Arbroath in Scotland.
- I dropped out of uni and ran away from home, ended up in Bristol for 2 years and had one of the best jobs ever.
- A huge My Neighbour Totoro fan. Been watching it since I was a kid and still love it.
- Held 4 part-time jobs while in 2nd year of uni. I failed that year, by one god damn module!
- I work 6 days a week, 10-11hrs a day.
- Almost all my clothes are black.
- The movie P.S. I Love You, makes me cry every time.
- I love photographs - so many memories with a click of a button.
- I dream to one day, have a beautiful house/cottage by a lake or the seaside.
- I HATE people who throw their rubbish on the ground rather than using a bin.
- I have my own crystal ball and Tarot Cards.
The answers to the questions Blethering Boys asked me:
1. What is your favourite smell in the whole world and why?
The smell of a Hong Kong bakery - such an amazing mixture of smells that range from sweet to savoury. It reminds me of when I was very young and was taken to a Hong Kong bakery where they had the prettiest cakes I had ever seen.
2. Do you have any filthy habits?
What do you mean by filthy? ha ha! I would say not cleaning my car enough is a bit of a filthy habit.
3. What is the one thing you need to do before you can go to sleep at night?
Turn my phone to silent.
4. What has your biggest blogging success been so far?
Being nominated for this award!
5. What's your favourite book?
6. What is the main goal you have with your blog?
To share my experiences with testing recipes and trying out restaurants.
7. Best day of your life?
The day I spent a whole afternoon in the hotel pool with a boy while our parents were scuba diving at sea. We talked, we swam, he taught me how to bomb dive the pool. Simple childhood times were the best.
8. Anyone you want to big up or link to? I'm a huge fan of Paper Clouds Apparel, so i'mma using this to shout out!
The Bakery Dunbar - community bakery with great pastries and bread!
9. Do you always iron your clothes or are you free and easy with the creases?
Depends on what the clothes are for.
10. Dogs or Cats?
Dogs! Every time.
11. Random secret from your teenage years?
I was a huge Hanson fan! There. I said it.
The Bloggers I would like to nominate are:
1. Rachela @ Pure Life Beautiful
2. Corinna @ The German Wanderer
3. Jaiza @ Thunderchick
4. Dhara @ Dhara's Kitchen
5. Stephni @ Hello Stephni
6. Kizi @ Bouffista
7. Tapashi @ Food Lovers Zone
8. Niamh @ The Game Bird Food Chronicles
9. Winse @ Winse's Wee Wok
10. Magee @ Magee's Kitchen
11. Lucy @ Lulu Loves Food & Other Things
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. What got you Blogging in the first place?
2. What is your favourite TV show?
3. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
4. If you could be granted ONE wish, what would it be?
5. What has been the proudest moment of your life?
6. How do you like your eggs?
7. Flora or Fauna?
8. What is your all time favourite food?
9. What would be your ideal holiday destination?
10. Do you like to watch movies at the cinema or wait until it is out on DVD?
11. Who/What inspires you?
Nominees who accept the award - please put a link to your post in the comments box below.