Nutella Brownies using only 2 ingredients (I know!).
After trawling through the net for this recipe it seems that they all use the same method of whisking the eggs until they reach the ribbon stage. Still sceptical but a total sucker for quick and easy recipes I decided this recipe needed to be tried and tested.
So the result? Not the same texture as your usual brownies but they still taste good and would satisfy any chocolate craving. Best part? No added sugar and gluten free! I think this will be useful if I ever needed to make a gluten free chocolate cake, but for a brownies recipe I will just stick to my favourite one.
|A whole cup of yummy Nutella|
For those who are just as intrigued as I was, try it out and let me know what you think.
1 cup of Nutella
4 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees (Celsius).
- Whisk eggs until they triple in volume and reach the "ribbon" stage.
- Warm the Nutella in the microwave until it is a very smooth consistency - Best to heat it in 5-10sec intervals so you don't scorch the spread.
- With the whisk still running, pour the spread in to the egg in a steady stream and stop as soon as it has all been incorporated.
- Pour the mixture in to a lined baking tin - preferably an 8x8 inch tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 mins.
|The top will be crispy and it may sink slightly once cool.|
- Take it out and cool on a rack completely before cutting in to squares.
|It certainly looks the part!|